And I want to lay on the floor in a tutu. I’m serious.
One thing Stephanie and I have agreed upon is that it’s hard to function on caffeine. Ya, ya, ya, all our beyond healthy friends will say it gets better, and I am sure it does, but today we are tired!
My go-to smoothie this week has actually been one I read on Lauren’s Conrad’s website. She rules. It combines a smoothie and oatmeal. Woah woah, oatmeal? Yes! Keeps you full doesn’t it? Why not add it to a smoothie. I modified the original recipe, of course, but you can follow the Martha version too.
What You’ll Need
- Vanilla protein powder – 1 scoop
- 1/4 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 1/2 a frozen banana (I freeze bananas when I have some leftover at the end of the week. Slice and then freeze)
- 1/8 cup oats (whatever you have on hand, I have gluten free)
- Water of Coconut Water – whatever you have on hand. I don’t measure, I just pour, and hope for the best.
What To Do
Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
Also, check out YouTube for recipes! I kind of love the channel: Blended Recipes. Here’s their Pom Pom Protein Smoothie below (I love the pom pom name, mostly because it reminds me of cheerleading).
You can also check out all of our smoothies this week by using the hashtag #SSsmoothie on Instagram and Twitter!